Anti-Aging with Injectables
Botox Cosmetic is the most common non-surgical anti-aging medication used to reduce facial lines such as crow’s feet, frown lines, smile lines, and forehead lines. Botox is extremely effective in adults of all ages to reduce dynamic lines and prevents the deepening of furrows. We individualize the amount and placement for the best results.
Photo shows — “compare and see improvement on the Left side of the face” Filler into the mid-face improved her anterior facial projection which lifts and contours the left side of her face. Filler into her Lower face corrected and lifted her downturned mouth corners, and got rid of her marionette lines to the chin.”
How long does it last?
The effect of Botox is temporary and needs to be repeated for the desired effect. Different areas of the face have different speeds of neuro-muscular repair, but most patients enjoy the results and request retreatment in 3 to 5 months.
We ask patients to avoid taking elective supplements like fish oil or ibuprofen for 1-2 weeks before Botox injections. Since the needles are so tiny, most patients do not need any topical numbing cream before injection.
How does it feel?
Patients tolerate the treatment very well and may only feel a slight pinch. Some patients request for numbing cream or cool the area before injection. Treatments take less than 10 minutes and most patients resume their day. Although most people have good results, responses vary and there are no guarantees as to the expected results.
Botox Aftercare Instructions
Precautions after Botox therapy (recommended but not required to follow):
- No strenuous exercise on the same day after Botox
- Avoid lying down to sleep for 3 to 4 hours after your treatment
- Avoid excessive alcohol immediately after your injections
- You may continue a routine day.
- If you are out in the sun, do apply sunscreen gently
- No facial massage for 24 hours after Botox
- Do not wear a tight hat or cap after your treatment that compresses the treatment area
- In the event of a bruise, inform us, so we can perform a simple light treatment in the office to help it resolve quickly.
- After Botox is injected into the targeted muscles, the weakening effect gradually begins in a few days.
- Patients are instructed to wait 10 to 14 days after treatment to see the expected effectiveness.
- Additional units of Botox may be given at any time to achieve the desired result.
- Especially for new patients or a new treatment area, we request for you to return 2 weeks after Botox to confirm the results. We evaluate the amount and placement of Botox at each visit to assess and optimize preferences.
- Patients usually return every three to five months to maintain their results.
At Aesthetic Pearl, we have experts in filler procedures. Fillers are a non-surgical wrinkle treatment and volume replacement. Fillers replace volume, especially under the eye, cheeks, or lips. Topical and local numbing help make the injections more comfortable. The number of various fillers used depends on the depth of the wrinkles and is individualized to your preference for a more natural or enhanced appearance. You will have swelling and temporary redness around the injection sites. The doctor will often massage the area after injection to spread and contour. Results may last anywhere from four months to two years.
Filler Aftercare Instructions
Aftercare when you have had a Filler procedure:
- If you have swelling in the area, an ice pack may be applied (Do not use blue ice). Apply covered ice for 5 minutes, then leave off for 10 minutes, then repeat the cycle as long as needed for your comfort.
- Swelling especially after lip filler is expected. In 1-2 days the extent will reduce and be at baseline in 4-7 days. Inform us if swelling is excessive, or if you wish to take preventative medication.
- Mild injection site reactions are normal. You may notice injection site tenderness after the lidocaine has worn off.
- Lumpiness and bumps are normal and can be molded or allowed to self-resolve and reduce over the next few weeks as the Filler stabilizes.
- Redness, mild discoloration, and itching can occur and should self-resolve in days to weeks. If you notice bruising, you are welcome to come for a “light treatment” to help resolve the discoloration much more quickly.
- strenuous exercise the day of the procedure
- excessive sun, heat, or cold exposure for the next 48 hours
- Keep your face clean to reduce the risk of infection
- For 7-10 days after a Filler treatment avoid: Asprin, NSAIDs (ie: Advil, Motrin, ibuprofen), Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Supplements of concentrated: ginger, ginseng, ginkgo, garlic, kava, celery root, or excessive alcohol.
- 12 hours after the procedure to apply make-up
- 24 hours before resuming your facial skincare routine
- 2 weeks before any dental procedures, facial massage, or tight goggles
- Continue sun protection with a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen lotions
- Continue your preventative Valtrex medication for 1 to 3 days if you tend to break out in lip sores with any lip Filler treatment or stimulating trigger.
- Make a follow-up visit in 4 weeks
- Call our office if you have unusual pain, bruising, or concern.
The average “Filler treatment” in the standard studies used an average of 4.8 ml for initial treatment. In our practice, we commit to using the least possible amount of product for the desired result. With care to communicate well, we can individualize and safely achieve your desired aesthetic result.
Plasma Autologous Filler
What is a “Natural Filler”
“Natural Filler” or “Plasma Autologous Filler” is completely made from your own blood, natural and organic. A simple intravenous collection in the office is needed to create the “Plasma Gel Filler”. You can utilize this organic or natural Filler anywhere a synthetic Filler is placed.
How is it made?
During the process to make PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) for hair and face/neck rejuvenation and restoration, “PPP” (Platelet Poor Plasma) is produced. The “PPP” portion of your blood is utilized to make this natural and organic filler using the Bio-Heat device. “PPP” serum is rich in albumin and fibrin; which after thermal processing in the Bio-Heat, becomes the gel matrix.
How long does it last?
The Plasma Autologous Filler lasts for 3 months. Studies are limited, but several reports state that Plasma Autologous Filler lasts for 3-6 months, or longer when used in conjunction with PRP injections in the same area.
How much does it cost?
We add an additional cost of $300 to $500 to your PRP charge to make and administer Plasma Autologous Filler depending on the number of areas to be filled.